To get the best from your Ficus lyrata:
- find a warm location where the temperature will remain even and there are no draughts
- make sure it gets plenty indirect sunlight
- like all Ficus, the lyrata likes to settle in its surroundings and doesn't enjoy change, so once you've found a successful location try to keep it there. When you move it (even taking it home after you've bought it) you may find that it drops some leaves as it adjusts to its new surroundings
- Neither over nor under water it. A general rule of thumb is to water when the top 2cm of the compost is dry and let excess water drain off - make sure it doesn't sit in water.
- feed during the growing season with a houseplant feed such as Baby Bio
- wipe the leaves with rainwater every so often to remove dust and keep it healthy
- Article number51340
The Merryhatton Garden Centre is located in the Edinburgh area.
11 Holding, East Fortune,
For any questions please contact 01620 880278 or send an email to email@example.com.
Are you looking for "Ficus lyrata on stem"? Visit our garden centre near Edinburgh and check our wide range of Foliage Plants. We look forward to seeing you soon at Merryhatton Garden Centre in North-Berwick!