Garden birds & wildlife
As with all the products we stock, our range of bird care products is chosen to ensure that we offer quality workmanship, products that are well-researched and manufactured, and represent value for money. You can be confident that the bird food is carefully blended to provide the best of nourishment, and the accessories are well designed to be safe and user-friendly for your garden friends.
Read on, or click here to go directly to shop
Choosing bird food
If you want to be certain that you’re providing your garden birds with good nutritious food, we recommend that you choose a reputable brand that you can have confidence in. We stock mixes designed by Tom Chambers and Henry Bell; both of whom have a long-standing and enviable reputation for producing quality bird feed.
See our bird feed
Keep the birds safe
Although there is a wide range of bird feeders and tables on the market, it’s important to ensure that feeding the small birds in your garden doesn’t endanger them. Here are some things to consider about keeping the birds safe:
- Location - Think about where you position the feeder or table – open spaces make it difficult for lurking cats or foxes to hide!
- Feeders and tables - choose a well-made bird table or feeder, and make sure that there are no sharp edges or small spaces that could damage their delicate feet.
- Hygiene - Clean out food trays and containers regularly to avoid the risk of infection.
Help the baby birds
In the early part of the year when the birds prepare to nest and have their young, a nesting box provides them with a much needed safe haven.
- If you know which types of birds might have their young in your garden, choose a nest box with the appropriate entry hole for their species
- If you’re not certain, choose a multi-nester that’ll suit different birds
- Position the nest box so the birds have a clear line of flight to it
- Fix the box to a wall or tree, making sure it’s out of reach of inquisitive humans or predators!
Most gardeners understand the restorative power of nature and know that wildlife plays a key role in ensuring that natural ecological balance.
From Insect Hotels to Hedgehog Houses and Squirrel Treats, we now carry a range of products that will give your garden wildlife a helping hand.