We process your personal data for the benefit of providing the best possible customer service. We attach great importance to your privacy and treat personal details confidentially and carefully. Personal data is processed in accordance with the legal provisions such as the Data Protection Act and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR).
This privacy statement provides information about the processing of personal data by or on behalf of Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd and only applies to the use of its customers’ personal data and visitors to the website.
Identity of Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd is responsible within the meaning of the Data Protection Act and – with effect from 25 May 2018 – the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement provides information about the collection and processing of personal data by or on behalf of Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd.
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd is known under Companies House number SC585293. Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd has its registered office address at East Fortune, North Berwick EH39 5JS in the United Kingdom and can be reached on the email address: email@example.com.
How do we collect personal data?
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd can receive information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you including by agreement, if you contact us by email, telephone or in writing, you place an order in our web shop, register for activities, use the customer card or subscribe to our newsletter.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following personal data:
- Contact and account details, including name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and other details that you provide.
- We do not save payment and invoice details if you make an online payment via a third party. If you provide this information yourself to us in another way, for example, in writing or by email, it could be that it is stored.
- Website details – such as IP address, traffic and location data and information about the use of our website, web shop, customer card and digital newsletters.
- Information that you submit when you apply for a job with us, such as your CV and any related information.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd uses personal data to enable us to provide customer service on our website, web shop and in our physical shop. More specifically, we ask you to share your personal data with us so that:
- We can maintain and improve our service, understand what our customers require from us and improve our product offer accordingly.
- We fulfil any legal obligations, particularly in regard to consumer rights.
- We can provide you with promotions, offers, tips and information by email and/or post that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We can provide purchase related information such as user guides, usage tips, information, warranty certificates, purchase receipts and related products.
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd may send newsletters by email. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Personal data is not used for purposes other than those described above.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd may share your personal data those who provide services on our behalf to enable them to carry out specific assignments for us.
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd may be required to provide your details due to a statutory obligation.
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd has taken the necessary measures to ensure that personal data is processed and protected in line with UK legislation.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
How long do we keep your data?
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd does not store your data longer than necessary and complies with statutory obligations.
If you cancel a customer card or unsubscribe from our newsletter you can opt to have your data removed in full by submitting a request (see below).
What are your rights?
You must ensure that Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd has the correct personal data. You can object to the use of certain data by Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd, or request your data for inspection, correction and/or removal of your (personal) data in writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd will respond to your request as quickly as possible, but in any event no longer than four weeks from your request.
Complaints about the use of personal data can be directed to Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd or to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
How do we secure your personal data?
Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd takes the protection of personal data very seriously and takes appropriate physical, administrative and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
If you believe that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your personal data, please contact Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd on email@example.com.
Questions, comments, complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints in response to this privacy statement or about the way Merryhatton Garden Centre Ltd handles your personal data, you can contact us by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.