As with all fine-leaved plants, the challenge is to get sufficient moisture to the end of every leaf to prevent the tips from drying out. You can help by providing humidity by misting and and a saucer of moist pebbles on which to sit the plant.
To get the best from your Areca Palm:
- water regularly, but don't over-do it - like Mary Berry, they don't like soggy bottoms!
- ideally, let the surface of the compost dry out between waterings. Areca palms are sensitive to chemicals in the water, so use rainwater or distilled water if you can
- they are tender plants so should be kept in a warm room
- they like lots of light, but indirect light it best. The fine leaves will dry out more quickly and potentially even scorch in strong direct sunlight.
- Remove dead leaves and stems as required to keep the plant fresh and healthy
- Feed in the growing season as directed with a houseplant food
- Article number48648
- Pot size (cm)24
- Plant size (cm)130
The Merryhatton Garden Centre is located in the Edinburgh area.
11 Holding, East Fortune,
For any questions please contact 01620 880278 or send an email to email@example.com.
Are you looking for "Areca (Dypsis)"? Visit our garden centre near Edinburgh and check our wide range of Foliage Plants. We look forward to seeing you soon at Merryhatton Garden Centre in North-Berwick!